Sunday 5 February 2012

Evaluation for Typography

This project of typography was really hard for me. Firstly I think its because I never looked at alphabets, and typography work of any artists before. The tasks were pretty hard especially the ones where you had to talk about the history of letters and how it first started and developed over countries and time.


I did research on few artists and did some work from the websites given to us from study space. Very difficult part for me was actually writing in my words talking about the history and the development of our alphabet. Also a very hard task for me was finding out different typefaces and comparing them as well as knowing the right terms to annotate them.


There was fun parts too, not only difficulties and struggles. I enjoyed working on Photoshop as I didn't do much work on it before. Also making designs which we soon turned into a Photoshop images showing the meaning of the word. As well as working on Photoshop I enjoyed doing the ransom notes of the word 'Street Style' for the magazine cover. I was fun collecting different sizes and colours of letters and putting them into a word. Talking about ransom notes I enjoyed editing the scanned picture of it in Photoshop creating my final piece.


My final piece consisted of a 'Street Style' writing as a magazine title and one of the pictures we did in graphic image making. I like my final piece I think it is quite good and I like the final outcome of the whole project.


If I had more time I could do a lot more like adding more examples and talking about them, researching more about the history of letters and alphabets as well as making my final piece more interesting and great.


No comments:

Post a Comment