Sunday 5 February 2012

Evaluation for Chair project

This evaluation is about the chair project that I have done. I really did enjoy this project mainly because I did it before when I did BTEC Art back in school. I think constructing a chair of your choice and from your designs is actually really fun.


I did not like making paper models for this project because paper doesn't stay for long and its hard to construct something out of it, as well as make the designs yourself. Haven't said that I did enjoy copying the paper models that I made in my book and annotating them after.


I also enjoyed this project because there was a lot of drawing involved and drawing is something I think I'm good at and I really enjoy doing. We had to come up with some designs on our own which I think was very fun as we could have done anything we wanted for this chair project. Also enjoyed learning about human proportions for the chairs that we looked at and made models of. Ergonomics is another thing we looked at and knowing that most of the chairs made have been actually calculated to be perfect for as many different audiences as possible. Learning about the different shapes and the technical terms for it was also a good experience.


My final outcome was a sofa type of chair. I do quite like my final design however it could have been a lot better than it turned out to be. If I had more time I would have done a lot more designs, I would have annotated the chairs I designed a lot more, but after all I’m quite satisfied with my book and my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment