Monday 21 November 2011

Evaluation Snowboard design


I was pretty
clear of the task that I have been given. At first I didn’t really like the
final idea that I made before I started to do the board, however when I marked
it out with a pencil and started painting it I got kind of into it and I pretty
much liked it throughout. My first thoughts when I got the assignment brief
that it is going to be a fun activity however not without any difficulties. I
was thinking some areas of the project are going to be hard, but I kept myself
thinking positive and I tried my hardest to achieve every annotation, copy of
artist work and of course the final mural board really well.

I collected
my information for the research on internet. I used loads of different web
sites and after I read quite a lot, I wrote it from my head without copying
anything. The research form was notes and some sketches. One of my researches
about artist called Si Scott inspired me a lot because I love his work. All the
twirls and working with a fine liner really worked well for me. Another artist
that I got some ideas in my final piece was from street artist called STIK. He
is a street artist from London. His work is amazing and I used some of his
stick people in my mural painting. I wasn’t exactly satisfied with my ideas
because I had to figure out how it links to me as the project is about ‘Who am
I, Where am I going’, but after a little while I added some more ideas and it
turned out well although if I spent even more time on it, it would turn have
turned out much better. My book was quite organised as I numbered my pages and
I put the stuff in order from the way it was meant to be. Also annotated mostly
everything to make sure that when the teacher looks at my book he would know
what I did.

If I had more time I think I would improve it
quite a lot. I would add tonal range to most of the objects; I would also add
more stuff about myself. Maybe would add more twirls to elongate the letter ‘E’
I was given. I used materials such as
acrylic paint, sketching pencil, HB pencil, poster paint, markers, ruler,
paintbrushes and palettes. I had some problems with painting in small details
as I had to be quite precise and as the brush was quite thick using acrylic
paint was a little hard. I tried my hardest to make it look good and at a good
quality. Also making the base colour the same as the person next to me was a
little difficult because we had to make it join together. In this project I
enjoyed copying artists work such as Si Scott, Kara walker. I also enjoyed
trying to make my own ideas connecting with different artists, and painting the
board was pretty good too once I finished marking it out with a pencil. I
didn’t have to rush on my painting because I came in early on some days to make
sure I finish it before the deadline but time ran out before I knew it, so it
wasn’t as good as it could have been if there was a little more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment