Monday 21 November 2011

Evaluation Mural Project


The project
‘Snowboard designs’ was pretty clear at first until we had to start doing
stuff. The difficult part of this part of the project was actually organising
everything, trying to find mark making pieces that we done in the first few
weeks. It was hard to understand why we would need to do certain tasks but once
we got teachers explanation it was a little more clear. There was a range of
different tasks and activities we had to do to so keeping up with the work was
hard especially if we missed one or two lessons and every lesson was a
completely different task so I tried to stay as organised as I can to make sure
I get everything I need in my book. My first thought when I got the assignment
brief was that it was quite a fun project as we had to make snowboard designs.

I collected my information from study space
documents, also internet to do for the research of artists and some annotations
of my work. The form of research was notes and sketches as well as drawings and
paintings. Some information was hard to find such as research on Keith Haring
as most of the websites were blocked because of some of his offensive
paintings.
I
was quite satisfied with the 20 snowboard designs I came up from mark making
and magazines. 16 of them snowboard designs were from John’s class where we had
to use paint and make different marks. The other 4 were cut outs from different
magazines. I think I could have improved by doing a few more different designs
of snowboard for example using sketching pencils or colouring pencils।

I did not
choose a final design as I did so many of small templates. But it was not
because I did not have time but because there was templates that were a
different range in colour and even texture. The materials I used throughout the
project were scalpel for my cityscape, scissors, pencils, colouring pencils, acrylic
paint, sketching pencils, ruler, chalk, crayons, brushes and some other
materials but these were the main ones. New techniques to me were using a
scalpel as I didn’t do any work with it before; also doing mono-prints was new
to me too. There weren’t any major technical problems in this project, but I
can say that my annotations and some of the artist copies weren’t done to a
brilliant standard. The annotations were done my using annotation sheet but
they weren’t really presentable as I kind of rushed it. If I had extra time, I
would add annotations nicely; I would add proper titles to every page as well
as make all the pictures and experiments good in shape.

I did quite
enjoy the assignment but It was hard being so organised and getting everything
in the book the way it had to be. I did complete all the work on time but I
pretty much rushed my annotations for everything. I would improve a lot and I
would definitely copy more artists’ works as I had only 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment