Thursday 29 September 2011

Stinkfish


Stinkfish work is really nice and also unique. I think that because he uses other people’s faces which he takes the picture off and makes them into a detailed mural painting.I think his work is amazing, He uses spray paint and a stencil so he uses different techniques to do his work and it turns out really great.The image on the left is my favourite. I seen it in East London myself and this is the image I took myself as well.I like it because of the skill he had to put in to make it so colourful and detailed. It is on a very large scale which does make me think it took so long to make it. For this image and for most of his other images he uses spray paint and stencil for the details.

Some Background information: The artist is originally from Columbia. He started working as a teenager and got quite popular. His first works of stencils were done in around 2001,2002. he recently done a fantastic doorway in East London. He gets inspiration from other people simply by taking pictures of them and creating stencils using the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment